Good Goodbye
O dear stupefying friend!
The first time we met,
It wasn’t exactly a beautiful something.
You had me by my lapels
And I squeezed your skull by your coiffure.
We fought over all the nonsense.
And bonded over all the nonsense.
Yes, there were things left unsaid,
But Cheeseballs, huh!, we never agreed to that.
So listen, here is the deal,
Now that you’re going to fly
Away and there are a million things
Other than stowing tears in eyes.
Come walk hand in hand
by the alley,
Just like old school…
Build our castle and guard our dreams,
Look up the sky and count the flying fish.
Now that you’re signing off,
You better not wait for me…
For I will climb the mountains with you.
Swim the oceans across
But one thing I won’t be able to do,
Have a one last Good Goodbye.


Comments
Post a Comment